Greenville, SC (April 15, 2003) The entire world is on the Internet, or at least it seems that way. Big business seems to dominate this new medium because building websites takes more time and money than many small businesses have. That is changing, however.
There has been a shift in the economy toward more practical use of the Internet. Businesses no longer use their website to show how much “cool” technology they have; it’s a business communication tool. Now, not having a website is like not having business cards or other marketing collateral.
What is a small business to do? The days of hiring high-dollar consulting and design houses are over. And a small to mid-size business can’t afford to keep a full-time Webmaster on staff, yet they need a website.
More and more small to medium businesses are using firms like Mediasation in Greenville, SC. Mediasation provides top quality web design and development, without the high price tag typically associated with web design. How do they do it?
Simple. Build a creative and quality design and the back-end to support it, then give businesses the tools to create and maintain their own content. Mediasation’s CMS (Content Management System), now in it’s third release, empowers businesses to manage their own website with little or no knowledge of web programming. This WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor is simple enough for even a child to use, as is evident by their client Kitty’s Kids, whose volunteer children maintain some of the site content.
It is important for even the smallest of businesses to have a web presence. Companies like Mediasation are making that possible by making web sites affordable, yet not sacrificing any of the visual impact. The Internet is a great equalizer. It is the same price to any company to be on it, from Fortune 100 companies to the Mom & Pop shop down the street.
Another way these types of companies are helping small to mid-size businesses get on the web is by hosting their sites and saving the companies the burden of maintaining costly servers and other equipment. For a small monthly fee companies can have their site hosted and use the Mediasation CMS to maintain their site content. This can include email accounts, site statistics, and other features.
Latest Company News
- Spartanburg Humane Society – New Website and 2011 Calendar Contest Help Raise Money and Awareness for Animals in Need - (Jun 15, 2010)
- Mediasation Experiences First Quarter Success - Looking forward to a Profitable 2010 - (Apr 5, 2010)
- National ASPCA Chooses Greenville-Based Web Firm to Build Professionals Website - (Mar 9, 2010)
- Mediasation Launches First New Websites in 2010 - (Jan 18, 2010)
- Mediasation Teams with Patrick Marketing & Communications on Breslow Starling Web Project - (Oct 16, 2009)
- Spark Websites Continue to Gain in Popularity - (Oct 12, 2009)
- Spark Websites Enhanced with Section 508 Compliance - (Sep 20, 2009)
- HQ IQ: Relocating Businesses to Greenville - (Aug 4, 2009)
- Mediasation President Honored as Greenville Magazine Best & Brightest Recipient - (Jul 31, 2009)
- Mediasation Upgrades Servers to Improve Performance - (Jul 30, 2009)
- View Press Release Archive
###About Mediasation Founded in 2002 in Greenville, SC, Mediasation specializes in custom web development and content management systems. Solutions range from website design, content management, and e-commerce to custom applications and search engine optimization. The company's flagship product, the Mediasation CMS, combines a WYSIWYG editor with an easy-to-use interface, creating a content management system that virtually anyone can use. By enabling companies to manage their website content in-house, Mediasation helps eliminate the high costs traditionally associated with creating and maintaining websites. More information can be found at mediasation.com.